You are in for a patriotic treat with our Proms in the Park on Friday 30 August. With the amazing BRNC Volunteer Band, made up of ex servicemen, and local musicians you can expect an evening to remember. There will be narration from John Suchet to complete the magic.
Supporting the big band will be the Liberty Sisters, a vintage vocal trio, singing tunes from the 40’s in perfect harmony. Yvonne Patrick, our Soprano for the evening, has an outstanding voice and during her career has performed with the Glyndebourne Opera Co and was invited to appear as soprano soloist in the Centenary Gala Concert of the Philadelphia Savoy Company, the oldest Gilbert and Sullivan society in America. Other concerts include Mozart Requiem in Nairobi Cathedral and Friday Night is Music Night with the BBC Concert Orchestra.
Aelfwyn Shipton, International LED Violinist
A unique performer, Aelfwyn is an international freelance violinist and composer who is on a mission to explore the musical language through her instruments and voice. From session playing to aerial violin, Aelfwyn lives and breaths music. In addition to performing at some of the worlds most prestigious venues and events, including Blenheim Palace, the O2 arena and Glastonbury, Aelfwyn is also responsible for the creation of the worlds only mirrorball violin act, Mirabelle, an LED act, Lumolin, and an Aerial Violin act.
The whole evening is wrapped up by a fireworks display. It will certainly be a night to remember! Dress accordingly, bring blankets to sit on, wave your flags and get ready to sing at full volume! Please note – there will be no food and drink allowed into the arena but there are food and drink outlets at the venue. All visitors will have wrist bands so you can come and go throughout the evening. Please note that no dogs are allowed except guide dogs.
Click on the button at the top of this page to buy tickets online. More details to follow - keep checking back here or follow us on facebook @dartmouthregatta or Twitter @RoyalRegatta for announcements as they hit!
General Information for Events at Coronation Park
- Dress accordingly! Bring your flags, bunting and hats!
- Bring blankets to sit on
- Seating is very limited to is only available to those less able to stand
- For security reasons, no food and drink allowed into the arena
- There will be food and drink available at the event (see below)
- Each visitor will have a wristband to allow entry into and out of the event
- Food outlets - Browns (Paella), Dartmouth Fine Foods (Street Foods), Steam Packet Inn & Yarn (Street Food).
- Drink stands - Royal Castle Hotel (general bar), Bays Brewery (beers and ales), Steam Packet Inn & Yarn (beers & sunshine drinks), Belinis (prosecco & cocktails)
- No dogs allowed except guide dogs